Which Luigi would you want for SMBC?

Discussion in 'Characters' started by yerffej, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Which Luigi do you prefer?

1. Super Mario Bros. 2

30 vote(s)
    33.0%
  2. Super Mario Bros. 3

22 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels

36 vote(s)
    39.6%
  4. Other (Explain)

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. yerffej

yerffej Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

IF Luigi were to make it in SMBC, which one would you want? Here is the descriptions for them in the wiki.

Super Mario Bros. 2: "Alternate to Mario. Higher jumping, super jump, and more slippery."

Super Mario Bros. 3: "Not much is different between Mario in Super Mario Bros. 1 and Luigi in Super Mario Bros. 3. Wouldn't be possible if Super Mario Bros. 2 Luigi made it in."

Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels: "Also known as Super Mario Bros. 2 in Japan. Compared to Mario, Luigi is less agile and has less traction, but he can jump higher and farther."

Which would YOU choose?

[​IMG]
    Lost Levels----SMB2---SMB3

2. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

SMB2, because the difference between Mario and Luigi is the most perfect. But would be weird to play.

You should add a poll. You can do it because you are a paratroopa.

3. yerffej

I did, can you see it?

4. Kirby

Kirby Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

smb2 because its the only game out of the three that isnt just mario colored green but has different abilities

5. Please

Please Level 6: Lakitu

Luigi from the Lost Levels is fine, but he's too similar to Mario. Will having him be that much different from playing as Mario? Plus, casual players of the game won't even notice the difference, really.

I chose Luigi from SMB2 because he has a clearly better jump and a different look. Jay could also introduce a vegetable throwing mechanic or something to make him unique.

6. World 1-1

No way! This should never be introduced in a Mario game. I know it's for a good reason, but still terrible.

Yes, it's OK

7. Please

You do realize Super Mario Bros. 2 WAS a Mario game. You're complaining about throwing veggies, but not about throwing shurikens and using swords in a Mario game? It's not like it's not an NES game, it was.

8. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

Super Mario 3. I loved the ability to grab turtle shells in that game...maybe the Fire Flower could give you the Raccoon Suit?

9. yerffej

I would choose The Lost Levels. It would fit perfectly in this game.

Stevwood likes this.
  10. Da Masta

Da Masta Level 3: Paratroopa

I'd rather have the SMB2 Luigi for him to look majorly different than mario but then again if we make him the SMB2 version then why not mario in SMB2.
    But the lost levels one would perfectly fit the game since its basicly mario recolored..... and the SMB3 one would just be to different to me.

And if you dont know the Left Luigi is lost levels, The middle is SMB2, And the right Luigi is SMB3

11. yerffej

I edited the first post, the image is now labeled

12. MeleeShogun13

MeleeShogun13 Level 5: Spiny

lost levels Luigi.

Stevwood likes this.
  13. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Ditto. Lost levels. The other Luigis' appearances would stick out like a sore thumb in this game.

Stevwood likes this.
  14. Please

Are other people really saying that? The other Luigi's won't stick out in this game. At least, not anymore than Bill Rizer or Ryu Hayabusa do. They're both 8 bit.

It seems like you guys are saying that it's pushing it to add Luigi in based on graphics and Lost Levels is OK because it's just a palette swap.

15. World 1-1

We need differences, but it is strange if you think.

16. Dr.Nope

Dr.Nope Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Mabye this might settle the tie or atleast do something with the number of votes?

The best choice is Super Mario Brothers Lost Levels,though Super Mario Brothers 2 & 3 have completely different Luigis,SMB2 has a Luigi that can pick up stuff and jump higher than the others,while SMB3 has a Luigi that can turn into a Raccoon and fly,though the sprites would stand out in the game,Lost Levels Luigi may not have a lot of differences,but he has a enough to be his own Character and not some White & Green clone of Mario.

Plus The Luigi from SMB3 is also just a Green clone of Mario.

Stevwood likes this.
  17. CHAOS_FANTAZY

CHAOS_FANTAZY Level 6: Lakitu

While that is true, it was less of "That totally makes sense canonically" and more of "Jay shouldn't have to program in the Raccoon Leaf for just one character." Getting the run to work right would be an endeavor in itself...

18. Please

"though the sprites would stand out in the game" - Why does everyone keep saying those 8 bit sprites will stand out in the game more than the characters already in the game? It's not really true.

"Lost Levels Luigi may not have a lot of differences,but he has a enough to be his own Character and not some White & Green clone of Mario." - Yes, we like differences. Why not have the Luigi that has the most differences from the current Mario? SMB2 or SMB3!!!

"Plus The Luigi from SMB3 is also just a Green clone of Mario." - True, but the SMB3 Mario isn't in SMBC. What I thought of when I heard about a Luigi request was to use him instead of Mario from a different game. Like from SMB3, you can't have two Marios in the game (well, you can, but that's not the point). I figured Mario could be from SMB1 and Luigi could be from another game. Get what I'm saying?

19. Da Masta

Da Masta Level 3: Paratroopa

Yea but then again since they are brothers i guess they should just stay similar like they have in every other game. So i guess if i could vote again i'd go with the lost levels Luigi.

But then again it would be nice to choose different versions of characters in the game..................Naw that's asking to much...............or is it?

20. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Fact: SMB2 was actually a remake of Doki Doki panic because the Japanese Bros 2, or the Lost levels, was deemed to hard, and was not released im amrica until Super Mario All-Stars.