Who you DON'T want to see in SMBC

Discussion in 'Characters' started by French rocks, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Did SMB Mario grab things or get a leaf? Gee sorry for defending this game so it doesn't end up like MKF.

2. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

What's your problem with this exactly? Granted he didn't have those abilities in the original SMB, but is it really so terrible if he has them in another game?

3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I dunno. It just doesn't rub me the right way or something.

4. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Map design is HORRIBLE.

5. 1337star

1337star Level 2: Koopa

I don't want to see anyone who didn't debut on the NES, or at the very least anyone who doesn't have official 8-bit sprites. Bass already violates the first part of that.

EDIT: Or I guess I should say appear on the NES, since technically Mario and Luigi didn't debut on it either, and I do kinda want to see Kirby...

ZeroXBeoulve and Omicron like this.
  6. TheomanZero

I'm willing to give Bass a pass because the engine used for Mega Man 10 (and 9) was specifically designed to emulate the NES (except without sprite flicker and slowdown).

uglyrodent likes this.
  7. Exodius

Exodius Level 0: Newbie

You are right. And try playing Super Smash Flash 2 if you don't change your mind. There are some characters there that aren't in here. I don't want Fox in SMBC. He's kinda lame :(

8. Nutty20

Nutty20 Level 3: Paratroopa

I don't want to see Sonic in SMBC either.

I said I wanted him a long time ago, but I change my mind. With the new 2.0 update, I have no idea how he would play.

(EDIT: After seeing a video of Sonic Boll, I think I have an idea of how he would play. Ignore this post)

French rocks likes this.
  9. Alex Shade

Alex Shade Level 1: Goomba

Let me just say your argument is a weak one with lots of holes in it. First of all, how the heck is he dumb? Second of all, "too fast"? Really, man? His speed is his superpower. It's like saying Mario jumps to much or Samus has too many weapons or Solid Snake is too sneaky. Third of all, what does him being bad in brawl in your opinion have to do with anything? He isn't weak or hard to control if you PRACTICE WITH HIM.

uglyrodent likes this.
  10. Ceed

Ceed Level 6: Lakitu

Ben Stiller, smug bastard///

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  11. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

→ I kind of said the same thing at the beginning of the thread...

12. djinnandtonic

djinnandtonic Level 1: Goomba

Huh, that MKF video did the exact opposite for me. Now I want to see the gameboy Super Mario Land enemies in more Mario games. Those exploding Koopa Troopas were something I'd forgotten since I haven't played that game since I was maybe 6? Very cool.

And Mario with lifting/grabbing/kicking seems perfectly fine to me. The only issue I had with MKF that "didn't feel right" was seeing the 8-bit Mario sprite with all of the more complicated sprites (particularly the boss Sphinx). The graphical styles were just too different.

13. CouchTomato

CouchTomato Level 2: Koopa

That Mario sprite is just one of the playable characters (Classic Mario). You can play fully 16-bit Mario and it looks just fine.

14. Uprising

Uprising Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

For me, the top 5 characters I don't want to see are:
    5. Rash. I just don't think he would work very well in the Mario atmosphere.
    4. Toad. You can't nessecarily pick up goombas without landing on them.
    3. Dirk the Daring. Crap jumping make me not like him at all.
    2. Bo Jackson. Tecmo Bowl games didn't quite do the job for me.
    1. Any of the Wrestlemania characters. You would have people complaining that certain characters should be in other than other characters, as in "Hulk Hogan instead of Andre." I know there are skins, but they are all so different that it would just be a pain.

That is all.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.
  15. MrDriller

MrDriller Level 4: Buzzy Beetle

Geno, he's overratted

16. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

Bullshit.
    Geno is the most underrated character in the entire Mario RPG series.
    And he's sexy as hell and awesomely powerful to boot.

uglyrodent likes this.
  17. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Can't tell if ignorant or just pranking...

18. Alias X Beoulve

Alias X Beoulve Level -1: Banned

What, are you stupid?
    Geno is fucking awesome, and anyone that disagrees is simply wrong. :blank:

I'm not saying I wanna see him in SMBC though. That just wouldn't work right. He'd make a good skin I guess, though.

uglyrodent likes this.
  19. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

Only a few people disagree. That's my point, everybody loves him, the way they talk about him makes it look like he's the best character ever made, when he's not. That's why he's the opposite of underrated.

uglyrodent likes this.
  20. TheomanZero

!?!
    He's a doll.

ZeroXBeoulve likes this.