Request Widescreen co-op

Discussion in 'Features' started by Crownjo, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Hello everyone. Sometimes randomly I post mock-up pictures on how the co-op would be presented and look like, here are pictures to showcase how it should look like.

Keep in mind these are not real and only used to replicate an idea.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see I was inspired by Mari0's way of co-op because it properly fits 4 players while keeping it SMB the same idea wise. I am confident that this is the best way to have SMBC look when you play solo or co-op. All four players won't be cluttered so this is the best way to do it.

I decided to make it into a topic because I feel I want to see what everyone in the community thinks because not everyone has seen it so I figured to do this to get some attention, we know that co-op will come in the future so I like to plan ahead of time.

2. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Those mock-ups could mislead some people unfamiliar with the game.
    This portrait of Kirby is outdated.

I think the co-op system has been generally agreed that it should work similarly to New Super Mario Bros. Wii for the following points:
    * Interaction inter-player ;
    * Players stuck to screen borders and no further.

Crownjo likes this.
  3. Crownjo

I am aware that the portrait is outdated. But it's the only one I could find that I can use as a placeholder.

Yeah I figured that the community by a majority thinks that it should be based all similar to NSMBW. I think a option to enable or disable player interaction is a good idea.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  4. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

One day, I got bored. So I made a mockup of my own;
    widescreen-coop.png
    Ain't that SOPHIA player just a lazy bastard?

Scorpion42, Mitewing and Crownjo like this.
  5. Crownjo

It doesn't make sense if Jason is out of the Tank since he can't do that in game.

Plus it's nice to see others do mock-ups because it's fun for the community to do something productive.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  6. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Such meter should get empty from right to left, but yeah~
    Zelda's sword looks weird, but my work was quite a bit crappy at the time, so I understand why.

Doing mock-ups (aka figures of your imagination) is productive?

7. MissingNo2

It doesn't make sense that four characters are on screen at once since there's no multiplayer in game.

Scorpion42 likes this.
  8. Crownjo

When I come up with ideas to do something yes it is a productive thing to do. It helps the community out and the team that could possibly need a idea, plus when I am stressed out it really makes me less tense when I do stuff like this. I know it's not super creative but it's something fun. I know it's not the best but I do try.

Well... good point...

Scorpion42 and MissingNo2 like this.
  9. MissingNo2

Oh hey another one.
    widescreen-coop-2.png
    ... I chose some pretty random skins for this one, didn't I?

Mitewing and Crownjo like this.
  10. ninjakrazii

ninjakrazii Level 3: Paratroopa

LOL zelda's sword why would zelda*EDIT*(i mean she could just be a reskin but cmon. Might as well make a koopa as a mario reskin) be in this... But yeah this seems like an awesome idea, and it is probably gonna be what the multiplayer is:3 the only thing im not liking is it is probably only local. No one lives near me and plays this really so. Bummer.

11. MissingNo2

... Because she's been in the titles of the games the whole time?

12. ninjakrazii

She is useless in game...She follows you, and uses magic(ocarina of time game), thats it.*edit* shes basically a support character like rush from megaman

13. MissingNo2

So what, it's just a skin, not a new character. People can skin what they want to.
    Also, at least Zelda is a major character. Your koopa argument doesn't make much sense in this case.

Rey D likes this.
  14. ninjakrazii

Eh yeah I watched it haha, kinda lame. But yeah I see your point, Just a re-skin. I just wasn't liking the fact that the only impact she made in the games was that she always got trapped or needed rescue, like peach. :p But anyways haha sorry I guess I just went off a little there.And I said the koopa thing because she is practically useless, and an old tv show dosen't really count as a legitimate reason for her to even be a character if it happened. But ill keep my thoughts to myself from now on.

15. MissingNo2

There's still a giant difference between a major character and a basic enemy.

16. Crownjo

Uhh please keep on topic please thank you.

Oh something crossed my mind. If you hit the axe at the end of the bridge, would the other plays on the bridge fall too or they will magically follow you to Toad/Peach.

17. MissingNo2

Here's my plan; All the other players disappear, and the one who hit the axe gets thanked only and gets a 1up.

Crownjo likes this.
  18. Crownjo

Well not sure about the 1up. But that's a good idea.

19. MissingNo2

20. ninjakrazii

i like how waluigi is throwing a bomb because thats all he really ever did haha:)

Mitewing likes this.