Request Widescreen co-op

Discussion in 'Features' started by Crownjo, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Mmm... when I made the beta portrait for Giana, I didn't think about her "fireflower" form. and recoloring the headband does not make it look good. Mmm... Worth discussing it in the Mario skins thread.

:(
    Zelda has actually a more important role in console games, but you have to play the games to know that.
    Besides, she's a major character, just like MissingNo pointed out. She legitimately could deserve her place as a skin.

-----------------------

I think that making them follow magically could work.

Luigi in camo suit!

Crownjo likes this.
  2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I assume you obviously can't get certain power ups from other characters unless you play as the same character.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  3. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

Hey, I just thought of something. How would the powerup stuff work?
    My idea is that if any player is at their weakest state, a Mushroom comes out. But if all players have Mushrooms, four powerups respective to the characters bounce out of the block, like in NSMBW. (in relation to my second mock-up; Giana=Lightning Bolt, Waluigi=Bob-Omb, Mega Man=Random Weapon, Plumbinator=M/S/L)
    My second part of it is that characters would walk through powerups that don't belong to them, but this left me to my real question; would Luigi be able to pick up a Lightning Bolt? Would Bass be able to pick up a Rolling Ring?
    EDIT: Half ninja'd, but my question remains.

4. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

I assume Mario and Luigi can pick up each others power ups since they are the same, everyone can pick up a Mushroom expect Bill so I guess he won't be able to get a Mushroom. Characters cannot collect foreign power-ups and weapons. Oh yeah Mega Man and Bass has the same power ups. So they can collect each others weapons.

I already answered the first question which is when a character hits a block their item comes out.

5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

You're forgetting about Sheik.

6. ninjakrazii

ninjakrazii Level 3: Paratroopa

Sheik told you what to do sometimes and helped you learn some songs. And? I think the only good place zelda/sheik had in a game was super smash bros melee, where sheik was one of the best fighters to use haha. I was just stating how I don't like Npc's being skins/characters:p Like Its cool if they are a character that has been modded in, like a fan character, but if your gonna take someone from a different game and make them a skin, atleast have them already be a playable character in something related to the game, Like how jay put the zelda 1 skin as a zelda 2 type character, which I didnt mind but I would have liked a more zelda 2 skin. And if there are more npc's as skins then make every boss from every old megaman game a skin for megaman :p*edit* There has to be some consistency even in skins. If every skin was all the npc's then we would be playing as a goomba or the random army soldier from contra:p*

7. Mitewing

Sheik definitely was more badass in Smash Bros. But there is a precedent of Zelda being proactive, so I don't mind her being a skin.

I can't wait for the release so we can actually stop talking and start playing!!!!

ninjakrazii likes this.
  8. ninjakrazii

Yeah ill be pretty happy whatever happens in the newest update. But yeah, I understand where your coming from about zelda/sheik, they are more of a zelda fanbase requested skin than something that would profit the game, like how luigi was added after mario, because people were like, hey, marios in here, wheres luigi? haha.

9. Mitewing

Actually I suggested the Enemy Solder for Contra as a skin. I think there should be an "evil" version of each character. There's already Dr. Wily, Dark Samus, and Dark Link, so why not one for each character?

Anyway back on topic...

We need some more of these mockup screens!

ninjakrazii likes this.
  10. Rey D

Rey D Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

*ahem*
    There's a thread to discuss skins.

I mean, you could have started discussing on the right thread to discuss.

11. ninjakrazii

Thanks, I will think of that next time I feel like talking about skins.

12. Mitewing

So anyone willing to create requests?

13. MissingNo2

I'm working on a mockup right now.

14. MissingNo2

Okay new mockup.
    co-op_3-4.png
    (didn't put firebars in because I'm lazy like that)

Mitewing and Crownjo like this.
  15. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

Can anyone please do a mockup of World 1-3 Multiplayer with Stinkoman, Yanchamaru, Fransesca and Bubsy?

16. Mitewing

First request: Mario, Link, Samus, and Pit!!!

17. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

Stop interupting my request. Come o-
    JUST LET HIM DO IT.
    Heck no! Even if i do, this is just brutal. A brutal battle.

18. Magenta

Magenta Level 5: Spiny

I can see that ANGER MANAGEMENT over here copied me >.>
    anyway, these mock-ups are starting to look really good.
    kinda makes you wonder "Will it ever happen?"
    :p

Mitewing likes this.
  19. MissingNo2

They started looking really good because I started making them. ;)
    Calm down, I'll do them both. (but I'm starting with Mitewing)

Crownjo, Mitewing and Magenta like this.
  20. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Please don't start doing that stupid alt text thing here... keep it in spam.

Crownjo, TheomanZero, Magenta and 2 others like this.