Request Widescreen co-op

Discussion in 'Features' started by Crownjo, Jul 31, 2012.

1. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

By the way, I still think the HUD should have a life counter to begin with.

2. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Why is that?

3. Magenta

Magenta Level 5: Spiny

that means he's doing it right

Crownjo likes this.
  4. Crownjo

Haha oh you. That's why in my starting post I put big bold letters for my disclaimer.

5. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Because it would be convenient to know how many lives you had all the time.
    Plus, a life counter is pretty much standard for games with a lives system and it's kind of odd that SMB doesn't have one (it's an old game, so they were still figuring out this "video game" business).

6. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

co-op_2-1.png

Mitewing and Crownjo like this.
  7. Crownjo

I have a request. Bill, Lance, RD-008 and RC-011.

Magenta and Mitewing like this.
  8. Loveforever92003

Loveforever92003 Level 5: Spiny

/\ My request. Again, 1-3.

9. Crownjo

Been bored lately. I am surprised no one has made a character select concept. Gonna brew one up soon.

Mitewing and MissingNo2 like this.
  10. Crownjo

Sorry for taking a long time. Here is the character select screen concept I made.

[​IMG]

11. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Prolly shouldn't have those blocks from 1-1 there.

I know what you were going for, and i like the idea, but it just makes the whole thing look a little...unbalanced.

It also implies that player four is in front, or in other words the leader, when player 1 is considered the leader in most games. Not that that's a big deal, it's just a little detail.

Love these mockups though.

12. Crownjo

I did it in this order because it makes sense because of player order. Captain Commando is the leader of the team and he was player 2 lol.

In a way player 1 is the leader since it would play the music depending on whom player 1 picks.

Keep in mind the look of this can evolve over time.

Oh yeah I removed the blocks. Looks much better. Thank you for the suggestion.

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. Crownjo

Thanks to the widescreen format I was able to upgrade the select screen. Obviously needs extra work but gives it a arcade look to it. Left boxes is Player 1 and 2. Right side is Player 3 and 4.

[​IMG]

Mitewing likes this.
  14. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

New screenshot request: Arthur, Bomberman, Pac-Man, and Rash

15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Know the way that yellowish ring shows who's selected? Make one for everyone else too.

Crownjo and Mitewing like this.
  16. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

Different player colors, like SSB.

BassWins, uglyrodent and Mitewing like this.
  17. Crownjo

I won't use the color concepts yet but I will keep it simple. Working on it right now.

Updated with numbers based on the players. Names shortened to fit.

[​IMG]

18. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

Do the huds on top need to be on the char select? You could get rid of them and make more room for the player boxes

19. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

True, but without the HUD there it might get a little hard to tell who has what powerups.

Maybe you should omit the "Player X" boxes entirely, make the character select be one row of eleven square across the top, and put player 1's, 2's, 3's, and 4's selections (i.e. the HUD for each character being selected) each in a different quadrant of the screen.

A lot of games' multiplayer screens like this will omit things that aren't necessary to make it fit and look nicer, and I feel the Character Name box can be safely removed for it. Maybe keep the character name on the HUD pieces though?

Just a thought.

Crownjo and MissingNo2 like this.
  20. Crownjo

I really like everyone's criticisms and suggestions since it helps on making the selection screen much more better.

I don't plan on expanding the roster box (for now) other then adding Fuma and Kirby.