Request Widescreen co-op

Discussion in 'Features' started by Crownjo, Jul 31, 2012.

1. uglyrodent

uglyrodent Level 9: Spike Top

Was this in response to me? I was the only person who mentioned the roster box so I'll assume it was.

What I meant was that instead of a row of five and a row of six in the middle, it would work as a row of eleven at the top. Same boxes though.

2. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

You know who would fit real nice in that empty spot above the random box?

kirby

Crownjo and uglyrodent like this.
  3. Crownjo

Crownjo Level 7: Bloober

Yes. Sorry for not saying that I mentioned it was to you. ><

So we should see how this idea works. I prefer it the way it is now since it's faster to access the characters a bit faster. But I can make it with your idea to see how it presents itself. Give me a sec.

Oh yeah I forgot about him and....

fuma

4. Crownjo

I know I did a awesome thing by adding Fuma and Kirby! But I made one choice where some of you might hate me. I removed the random select because to me it really served no purpose and to be honest I never really used it so it freed up a slot for one more.

[​IMG]

5. uglyrodent

A lot of people use the random button, I'm not sure it makes any sense not to have it >_>

6. Crownjo

Not to sound mean but uhh how many people used the random button? I could add it as a hidden off screen thing.

I only used it a couple times but in my playthoughs I never really used it. At Comic-Con I don't recall anyone using random. I think only one or two people used random select.

7. uglyrodent

I use it a lot.

I'm sure other people do. I'm positive I'm not the only person who uses the random button more than once every so often.

8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

I like to use the random button.
    So re add it.

uglyrodent likes this.
  9. Crownjo

Random stays. Any ideas where to put it?

10. Zarran

Zarran Level 4: Buzzy Beetle
    Patron

You could make the character selection scroll.

11. Crownjo

Keep in mind The character selection screen will evolve over time. Not sure if I want to make it scroll for a :?:.

I am thinking of ditching the current selection screen and going for a fullscreen kind. It's retro with a bit of modern flavor. The current one is made with single player in mind.

12. Crownjo

Here is the new character selection screen. A work in progress but random select is back. However... one slot is empty...?

I decided to design a selection screen made for 4 players in mind since the previous ones were made for single player. A modern selection screen with retro flavor. The whole thing can be skinned and such. Another idea is to remove the player names with the name of alternate skins.

[​IMG]

uglyrodent likes this.
  13. Crownjo

I think I nailed it. I think the names are fine but the details isn't needed since you can use the wiki. Besides I had to do it to fit this properly. I think this my final character select screen. If you select a skin that changes your name it shows as that name.

[​IMG]

Mitewing, uglyrodent and MissingNo2 like this.
  14. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

There's a few things you consistently forgot to fix, so let me just go ahead and do that.
    fix.png

Mitewing and Crownjo like this.
  15. Crownjo

Thank you MissingNo2.

I fixed kirby and random's scale on the select screen. I nailed down gameplay and the select screen. I am gonna do other concepts now for SMBC. Here are the planned mock ups.

menus
    vs mode
    you vs boo

16. Crownjo

Here is something I made for ya guys. You vs Boo and Vs mode.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MissingNo2 likes this.
  17. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

You don't really need Score, Coins, Time or Portraits on the character select

Mitewing likes this.
  18. Crownjo

Maybe so. But I like it there because it makes the presentation nice and you know what the character has. Besides the select screen can fit about 15 more characters. I think that's a pretty good deal don't you think?

Mitewing likes this.
  19. Crownjo

I think I am gonna show what one of the concepts look like on a HDTV. Keep in mind the tv is on movie mode so it's not super bright but this helps to not over saturate the colors. Sorry to revive the topic!

Look how no black bars is needed. Everything scaled perfectly and is also crisp and clean.

Anyways I am done with multiplayer concepts since I nailed it. I am not sure what else I can work on but I think I wanna do some menus now. Thanks for liking my work and ideas everyone.

[​IMG]

20. jan mathew

jan mathew Level 2: Koopa

Crownjo is awesome
    Dude make Megaman, Bass, Link and Samus in an underground level