Request Yoshi Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Anter, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Anter

Anter Level 6: Lakitu

What about Yoshi for SMBC as character, not as ally?

Base: Yoshi from the Yoshi's Cookie game.
    Normal: Attack with little tongue.
    Mushroom: Attack with large tongue.
    Fire flower: Attack with fireballs.
    Special ability: Can spit out enemies after tongue attack.

Sprites sheet:

[​IMG]

If you like this idea, tell your opinion please.

2. Jcogginsa

Jcogginsa Level 3: Paratroopa

Yoshi would be interesting

3. Anter

Anter Level 6: Lakitu

Thanks.

4. Sergy92

Sergy92 Level 7: Bloober

Hmmm... Why not? I think that the Flutter Jump could be a great addition.

5. Mitewing

Mitewing Level 9: Spike Top

Yoshi, like Toad, would kick ass. I think the fire ball should only work if he has a shell in his mouth to spit out.

6. Yabuturtle

Yabuturtle Level 3: Paratroopa

It's a good idea, we really should have Yoshi.

7. Yokuro Ado

Yokuro Ado Level 2: Koopa

I'm agreeing with this wholeheartedly.

Yoshi could have Flutter Jump and play much like SMW Yoshi.

8. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Just pointing out that SMW1 Yoshi didn't have the Flutter Jump, but apart from that, I agree.

9. Omicron

Omicron Level 9: Spike Top

If Yoshi ever makes it in with a voice, i hope he gets the original voice model. The voice from the SNES Yoshi's Island owns the new stupid voice nintendo gave him.

10. Mitewing

It would probably be however he sounded like in the 8bit games he was in.

11. ketchupninja

ketchupninja Level 9: Spike Top

Uhm..the first game he appeared in was SMW, which is 16-bit.

12. World 1-1

World 1-1 Level 6: Lakitu

There is "Yoshi's Cookie" for the NES.

13. x3point14

x3point14 Level 6: Lakitu

Those sprites are cool...

14. Mitewing

Yoshi's Cookie is where the sprites come from. I think there's another NES game simply called "Yoshi".

15. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

Yup. It's basically Tetris, although you can't move the falling blocks, but you can move the blocks that are on the ground.

16. Emerald Yoshi

Emerald Yoshi Level 0: Newbie

Pretty cool sprites.

I think it will be cool if Yoshi will not only playable character, but ally too.

17. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

All you had to do was search the damn forum, CJ.

18. DarkSonic

DarkSonic Level 2: Koopa

Yoshi can perfectly fit in SMBC,it would be awesome see him in the game.

19. Mitewing

It would be awesome if other characters could ride him. It would make multiplayer interesting.

20. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

My ideas for Yoshi as a character are based on the game of Yoshi Island/Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

So, here goes:

Normal: He can: swallow ennemies and put them in eggs with his tongue by pressing the attack button and than the down button while it's in his mouth, with a maximum of 5 eggs;
    spit the ennemy that's in his mouth;
    hold the special button to choose the trajectory of the egg he will throw (from upwards to downwards);
    flutterjump by holding the jump button after jumping;
    do a ground-pound by pressing the down button while being airborne;
    and stomp ennemies.

Mushroom: He has the same skills as in his normal form, except that he can access to his powerups which I will explain right now. Those are watermelon, ice melon, fire melon, rebound eggs, big eggs, and the ammunition egg.
    He can switch to them by pressing the select button, just like Megaman and Bass can switch to their weapons. However, when Yoshi is using the three melons, he can't throw eggs, but he still can spit and swallow ennemies to put them in eggs (because there aren't enough buttons).
    Watermelon: When this powerup is selected, Yoshi can use the special button attack ennemies by spitting small seeds like a machine gun (but not that fast), and has a limit of 15 seeds. You can still collect seeds by killing ennemies, which might have some seeds with them, and come in packs of 3 seeds.
    Ice Melon: When this powerup is selected, Yoshi can use the special button to spit a ice beam that goes at the direction Yoshi is facing, at a medium range, which can freeze every ennemy. The frozen ennemies can be than used as platforms, or be killed by running on them, or by jumping/groundpounding on them. It has a limit of 8 uses, but you can collect ammunition for it by killing ennemies.
    Fire Melon: When this powerup is selected, Yoshi can use the special button to spit a medium-ranged fire beam that kills almost every ennemy in one hit (except for Bowser, Bullet Bills, Buzzy Beetles, Spike Tops and podobos). It has a limit of 8 uses, but you can collect ammunition for it by killing ennemies.
    Rebound Eggs: When this powerup is selected, Yoshi is exactly like he is on his normal form, except that every of his eggs rebound on platforms instead of breaking on them.
    Big Eggs: When this powerup is selected, Yoshi is exactly like he is on his normal form, except that every of his eggs are a bit bigger and do a bit more damage.
    Ammunition Egg: When Yoshi obtains this powerup, the ammunition of every powerup and eggs are doubled. So that means that Yoshi can have up to 10 eggs, 30 seeds and 8 Ice/Fire Melon uses.

This now concludes my wall of post.

Dinospy_01 likes this.