Request Yoshi Discussion

Discussion in 'Characters' started by Anter, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

What's Bowser Taste Like is a Yoshi request thread that was closed as soon as it was made.
    Er...
    I can't think of any others.
    I think you're ok.
    For now at least.

2. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

aliceandsven, BassWins and Faruga like this.
  3. Faruga

Faruga Level 12: Super Mod
    Patron

4. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Oh well I didn't saw that one. But after looking at it, I think my idea is more elaborated.

5. aliceandsven

aliceandsven Level 9: Spike Top

That doesn't change the fact that there is already a thread for Yoshi.

Rey D and MissingNo2 like this.
  6. French rocks

French rocks Level -1: Banned

Can someone at least rate my suggestion? I've learned my lesson now, and I put a lot of time to think about how Yoshi could be designed in my opinion, so I'd like it if at least one person could just look and/or rate it instead of writing stuff like: «Hey, there's already another thread for this so why did you post this, can't you search?» because I did, I simply didn't found that thread.

7. TheomanZero

TheomanZero Level 9: Spike Top

Well, there seem to be various changes from Yoshi's Island with no apparent purpose. Why five eggs instead of six, and why are melon attacks triggered with the egg button instead of the tongue button?

Also, the "Ammunition Egg" is not only not based on anything from Yoshi's Island, but ten eggs would be way too many. Speaking of which, you said in the descriptions of Fire and Ice Melons that they have four shots, but your description of the Ammunition Egg says it doubles all capacities, giving the Melons four shots. Did you make a mistake, and if so, where? And why not just give them three shots like in Yoshi's Island?

Having Rebound Eggs as a power-up rather than an inherent ability might work, especially since only Baby Mario and Baby Wario had that ability in Yoshi's Island DS. However, it should just be a straight upgrade, not a sub-weapon you switch to, because it just wouldn't be worth it to switch. As for Big Eggs, those are totally unnecessary.

All in all, Yoshi as he was in Yoshi's Island is already way overpowered for Super Mario Bros., but you seem to be trying to give him more. The Melons (especially Fire and Ice Melons) were very rare and powerful items in Yoshi's Island, but you want them to be permanent weapons with ammo pickups. I find it doubtful that Yoshi can work in SMBC at all, at least if he's anything like in Yoshi's Island, but he certainly can't work the way you're describing him.

MissingNo2 likes this.
  8. mema101

mema101 Level 0: Newbie

Yea, but at least put skins off the different colored yoshi, but you should be disscusing about a gold mario and baby yoshis. plus other yoshi powerups like the dash pepper

9. MissingNo2

MissingNo2 Level 9: Spike Top

... The point of this is to take from the earliest games possible. In this case, Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island.

10. 8bitwizard

8bitwizard Level 5: Spiny

INTERESTING IDEA
    INTERESTING IDEA INDEED._o

or instead of the fire flower he could just get an egg
    could start out as baby yoshi

11. Anon421

Anon421 Guest

I love Yoshi, that info alone should justify the implementation. :D

Omicron and MissingNo2 like this.